note: * recipe has been amended to suit my tolerance for sweetness
- 2 eggs
- 125 ml vegetable oil
- 250 ml milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 200 g sugar
- 400 g plain flour
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 100 g white choc chips or regular choc chips *
- 125 g fresh raspberries *
- 1 tbsp icing sugar *
- Preheat the oven to 200°C. Place the egg, oil, milk, vanilla essence and sugar in a mixing bowl and beat together until sugar has dissolved.
- In another large bowl, sift flour * and thoroughly mix with baking powder and salt. Add the white chocolate chips - mix.
- Add the liquid mix to the dry, and roughly mix it in - it does not have to be absolutely smooth. Add the raspberries last and mix very, very carefully not to break up the fruits.
- Fill a muffin tray with paper muffin cases, and then fill each case approximately two thirds with the muffin mixture. Bake the muffins for 25 minutes.
- Dust the top with icing sugar *