note: * original recipe has been amended
- 12 frozen mini sweet shortcrust pastry cases
- 3 egg yolks *
- 3 tbs caster sugar *
- 1/2 cup thickened cream *
- 1 punnet of strawberries, hulled, sliced *
- Strawberry jam *
- Icing sugar, to dust
- Preheat the oven to 160°C. Place the frozen tart cases on an oven tray and bake for 10 minutes. Remove from the oven and set aside to cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, whisk the egg yolks and sugar by hand until the sugar dissolves, then stir in the cream.
- Spread the base of each tart case with 1/2 teaspoon of strawberry jam. Spoon the egg mixture into the tart cases *, then bake for 10-12 minutes until the custard is set.
- Leave to cool for 15 minutes, then remove the foil cases.
- Evenly place sliced strawberries on the surface of the custard. Melt strawberry jam, and gently brush over top of strawberries to glaze *
- Place on a platter and dust with icing sugar to serve.