Thursday 9 April 2009

lunch with mikey

mikey: oh! i know a band you'd like, my room mate was listening to them ... thinks hard
me: oh? and how do you know i'd like this band?
mikey: because they sound gay and shit. so i thought hey! amanda likes gay shit music. she'd like this band!
me and mikey: lmao (usually i would diss the other person's music genre here, but - well, you can't really diss jazz can you?)
mikey: ... they have a girl bassist and a guy vocalist that sounds like a girl
me: oh! the kills? sparkadia? the subways? (ok - completely do not fit the description, i was generally thinking of bands that have girls in them) ... mmm - but he doesn't sound like a girl.
me and mikey: pause
me: don't you love how i can somehow think of a band that fits your description ...

ok - i guess it was another you-had-to-be-there moment.

2 comments:

delilah said...

hahaha typical mike to call someone else's music gay hahaha
he's living ith someoneeee????

imnotunfaithful said...

yeah. he lives in north melbourne now. closer to lil ol' me :)
(although i have yet to visit him there)